How do we know that we’re developing the right things, the right way?
I’ll briefly outline our approach/methodolody for developing new functionality. This is how we do it:
- We use effect management for understanding what the people want in order to make their everyday work easier.
- We do interactiondesign and test the design with users.
- We build a clickable html-prototype (user: leo, password: leo)
- We test the prototype with users
- We use lightweight SCRUM as project methodology
- We develop, using a Reference Architecture as a model for how to build, and we have a design manual that says what it should look like. Accessibility is evaluated.
- We release it as Open Source
- We release early (beta)
- We get feedback from users (sometimes also testing with users)
- We improve, release
- We follow up by measuring effect goal fulfillment
- We iterate (back to p. 9)